|when:||June 10th - 20th, 2016|
|tel:||+32 2 762 08 98|
|deadline:||April 30th, 2016|
|entry form:||Online Submission|
The programming of is structured around following sections:
- the Official Competition, open to all European films and all genres, thus offering the opportunity to keep track of the career of filmmakers discovered previously in, among other festivals, Brussels
- the Panorama section presents a selection of European films, previously not released in Belgium
- genre films. The Europe of Genres section widens the horizon of the festival towards a cinema form, very scarcely shown in festivals, be it thrillers, crime films or comedies.
- the Open Air Screenings (always for free) attract every night more than a thousand spectators on the Place Ste Croix, in an unforgettable atmosphere, and hopefully in a warm evening glow.
- a Short Film Competition, which will allow young Belgian talents to enter the spotlights.
Besides being a discoverer of talents, the BRUSSELS FILM FESTIVAL also wants to be a meeting for film professionals. So that interesting encounters and potential future collaborations become possible, for example during the TAX SHELTER MARKET. During this professional activity producers have the possibility to meet potential investors.
An international jury will attribute the desired official awards. In order to encourage European cinema, the BRUSSELS FILM FESTIVAL is proud to attribute the following prestigious prizes :
- The GOLDEN IRIS AWARD, for the best feature film, with a value of 10.000€
- The festival still wants to encourage young filmmakers by means of the WHITE IRIS AWARD (a reference to the Tour of France) for the best first feature film, with a value of 5.000€
- In collaboration with the ASA (Francophone Audiovisual Scriptwriters Association) and the SABAM ( The Belgian Society of Authors, Composers and Editors) the festival will attribute the BEST SCENARIO AWARD – with a value of 2000€
- The BEST SHORT FILM AWARD, with a value of 2.100€, will be attributed in collaboration with the UPCB (Union of the Belgian Cinematographic Press), Universciné (the platform for video on demand via the internet) and the ARRF (Association of Belgian Film directors).
- The CINEUROPA AWARD – with a value of 5000€ for promotion
- The audience can award their favourite film with the AUDIENCE AWARD, with a value of 2.500€
- Like every year, the television stations RTBF, BeTV and Prime offer a prize for the purchase of a film for television
- An award for the best film concept will be attributed to a Belgian project