|when:||November 11th - 18th, 2016|
|address:||Nandan, West Bengal Film Center, 1/1, Ajc Bose Road|
Kolkata 700 020 India
|tel:||+91 33 2223 1210, 2223 1655|
|fax:||+91 33 2223 5744|
|deadline:||August 31st, 2016|
|entry form:||Entry Form and Regulations on Website|
TheKolkata International Film Festival aims at creating a platform for better understanding of the films of past and present of the world in an atmosphere of appreciation of the film culture and to move towards excellence of the motion picture art and industry.
Kolkata International Film Festival, accredited by FIAPF, offers the SPECIALIZED INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE SECTION FOR WOMEN DIRECTORS’ FILMS. The focus of the section will be on originality and independence of expression in innovative forms of cinematic language and modern trends of the world cinema which are made by the emerging as well as by renowned women filmmakers.
The programme of the 21st Kolkata International Film Festival consists of the following sections:
1. International Competition(Woman Directors’ films)
2. Asian Select (Netpac Award Competition)
3. Cinema International(Non Competition)
4. New Horizon(Promising and dynamic filmmakers of recent times)
5. Special Screening(Art house Cinema, exceptional documentary and experimental feature)
6. Indian Select(Indian Language)
7. Bengali Panorama (Indian Premiere only)
8. Birth Centenary
9. Tribute/Special Tribute/Homage/Great Master
12. Films on Literature, Music and Sports
13. 50 years Celebration
14. Children Screening(Contemporary films for Children)
15. Film Market, Master Class, Seminars etc.
The following prizes will be given away:
I. Best Film : A cash prize of Rs. 51,000,00/- (80000 USD appx.) to be shared equally between the Director and Producer. Director is to be given the GOLDEN ROYAL BENGAL TIGER and a certificate in addition to the cash component. Producer will get a certificate in addition to the cash component.
II. Best Director : GOLDEN ROYAL BENGAL TIGER, a Certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 21,00,000 (33000 USD appx.).
III. Special Jury Award : Certificate only.