|where:||+39 089 231953|
|when:||November 27th - December 2nd, 2023|
|address:||Via Portacatena, 51|
|tel:||+39 089 231953|
|deadline:||October 3rd, 2023|
|entry form:||Submission at Filmfreeway.com|
The International Film Festival of Salerno was founded in 1946 by CINECLUB SALERNO.
Since the birth of the Salerno Festival was characterized as a competitive event for Italian and international productions thus proposing a continuous dialogue on the development of world cinema.
The Festival assigns an important social function in the cinema and its purpose is to constantly adapt its line with an eye to changing technologies and the new "audiovisual media".
The Festival fulfilled its original task of disclosure and film literacy, in line with its tradition.
The Festival beyond the contests for various Sections Cinematografiche also proposes Reviews and / or Retrospectives as a contribution to the dissemination of the history of Italian and international cinema.
On the final evening will be delivered the awards to the winning films and awards to major figures in the arts, social and cultural.
The Film Contests of the Festival are divided into various sections. Here the details:
1) Feature Fiction Film
2) Short Fiction Films
3) Television Fiction
4) Film Dossier
6) Commercials, Videoclip and Smartphone movie
7) “VIDESCUOLA”: Contest reserved for films made by students of the Schools of all levels.
8) "CAMPANY DISCOVERY". In this section participate films (both documentaries and fiction) that have the aim of valorizing places of social, cultural and tourist interest of the Campania Region.
9) Section 'THE SEA LANGUAGE/ THE SEA TALKS' aimed at works (feature films, short films or documentaries) that have THE SEA as their main setting.
10) Competition: 'Cinema for a book - a book for cinema'
11) Documentaries with Sections of specialized Cinematographies about:
• Underwater video
• Surgical doctor