|when:||March 9th - 17th, 2024|
|address:||Via Borgo Santa Caterina, 19|
|tel:||+39 035 363087|
|deadline:||December 10th, 2023|
|entry form:||Submission at Filmfreeway.com|
Bergamo Film Meeting - International Film Festival’s main purpose is to promote the knowledge and diffusion of films of distinguished artistic and cultural qualities, which ought to have a wider public but have some difficulties in finding distribution in Italy.
The Festival will be composed of the following sections:
• Exhibition-Competition Section: an international competitive section reserved for fiction feature films (Italian premiere);
• Close Up Section: an international competitive section reserved for creative feature-length documentaries (Italian premiere);
• A Monographic Section, devoted to an emerging author or an emerging cinematography;
• A Retrospective Section;
• Special Programmes and events, tribute sections, previews
JURIES AND PRIZES
The Festival Audience Jury, composed of spectators, film professionals, critics, journalists and cultural managers, will assign:
• 1st, 2nd and 3rd Bergamo Film Meeting Prize to the best three movies in Exhibition Competition. The production of 1st prize will receive 5.000 Euros (pre-tax);
• CGIL Bergamo – Best Documentary Prize to the best movie in the Close-Up section. The production of 1st prize will receive 2.000 Euros (pretax).
The following prizes will also be awarded:
• Exhibition Competition: Best Director Prize of 2.000 Euros is given by an international jury composed of Cinema professionals;
• Close-Up: CGIL Jury Prize is reserved to the film of Close-Up section which better face social and workplace issues. To the director of the winning movie the 1.000 Euros (pre-tax) Award LA SORTIE DE L’USINE.