|when:||October 21st - 28th, 2023|
Calle Leopoldo Cano, s/n, 4°
47003 - Valladolid (Spain)
|tel:||34 983 42 64 60|
|deadline:||July 4th, 2023|
|entry form:||Online Submission|
The main objective of VALLADOLID INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL is to show and promote films of artistic quality which contribute to the knowledge of worldwide cinematography.
The Festival consists of the following sections:
OFFICIAL, offering a panorama of current international cinema. The feature-lengths and shorts in this section may participate either in or out of competition.
MEETING POINT, a competitive parallel showcase of first and second fiction films worthy of special attention for their subject matter or style. Short films are also programmed.
TIME OF HISTORY, a competitive section for documentaries.
DOC. SPAIN, a competitive section for Spanish documentaries.
SHORTS FROM CASTILE & LEON, a competitive section for shorts made or produced in the region, or made by directors who were born or live there.
FEATURES FROM CASTILE & LEON, a non-competitive showcase of fiction feature-lengths or documentaries either made or produced in the region or by directors born there.
SIDEBARS, devoted to the presentation and analysis of directors, genres, styles, a nation's cinema, cinema and wine, etc.
SEMINCI JOVEN, a competitive section of films for a teenage public (12 to 18 year-olds).
MINIMINCI, a non-competitive showcase of films for 7 to 12 year-olds.
AWARDS AND JURIES
An International Jury will decide the winners of the following awards from those feature-lengths and shorts selected for participation in competition in the OFFICIAL SECTION:
* GOLDEN SPIKE and SILVER SPIKE with cash awards of 75.000 € and 25.000 €, respectively, for the Spanish distributors of these films.
* 'PILAR MIRÓ' PRIZE TO THE BEST NEW DIRECTOR, competing with a first or second feature-length for the cinema. The filmmaker receives a cash award of 10.000 €.
* 'RIBERA DEL DUERO' PRIZE TO THE BEST DIRECTOR . The filmmaker receives a cash award of 6.000 €.
* BEST ACTRESS and BEST ACTOR Awards.
* BEST DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY Award.
* 'MIGUEL DELIBES' AWARD FOR BEST SCRIPT.
* GOLDEN SPIKE and SILVER SPIKE with cash awards of 6.000 € and 3.000 €, respectively, for the director of each film.
* 'BEST EUROPEAN SHORT FILM' Award. The director of the best European short will receive 2.000 €, and the film is nominated to be considered for the European Film Academy Short Film Award.
A Jury of three professionals will award a prize for the BEST FEATURE and one for the BEST FOREIGN SHORT in the MEETING POINT section. The director of the feature will receive 20.000 € and the director of the short 3.000 €. The subsection 'A Night of Spanish Shorts' will have a separate cash award of 3.000 € for the director of the winning film, also awarded by the Jury.
SEMINCI JOVEN: A Prize of 6.000 € is awarded to the director of the winning film, according to the votes of the young spectators.
A Jury of three professionals will award a prize of 25.000 € to the filmmaker of the BEST DOCUMENTARY in the TIME OF HISTORY section. The Jury will also award a SECOND PRIZE of 15,000 €, also for the filmmaker and a trophy plus 3, 000 € to the Best Short Documentary. All prizes must be conferred.
Another Jury of three Spanish professionals will award a prize of 6.000 € to the filmmaker of the BEST DOCUMENTARY in the DOC. Spain section.
RAINBOW AWARD: A separate Jury will give this Award to the film which shows the most sensitivity towards the LGBT community.
GREEN AWARD: A separate Jury will give this Award to the film which best raises awareness of the need to protect our planet and environment.