|when:||December 2nd - 10th, 2022|
|address:||42, rue des Palais|
1030 Bruxelles - Belgique
|tel:||+32(0)2 800 80 04|
|deadline:||August 31st, 2022|
|entry form:||Online Submission|
Founded in 1989, the Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival presents a selection of the recent film production of the Mediterranean countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cyprus, Croatia, Egypt, Spain, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Malta, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestine, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey. It aims at helping discovering the cinematography of these countries, promoting its distribution, and furthering the knowledge of Mediterranean cultures.
Main sections are Panorama and the Competition.
The “Medoc” and the “Short Film” sections are not competitive.
During the festival, a Jury made up of Cinema professionals will award to che Competition movies:
1. The “Grand Prix” 8 000€, awarded by our Jury, is comprised of •5 000€ to support the distribution (on the basis of a purchased contract in Belgium) OR to support the promotion (offered by the Cocof) •3 000€ in Labo Digital-Cinema technical services, offered by CinéLab (DCP versioning/subtitling (excluding translating), mastering or duplicating (excluding supplies). Available for 12 months during a distribution in Belgium).
2. The Jury Special Prize among all the feature films screened during the festival.
3. The Junior Jury Prize: 500€ to the director of the feature film.
4. The Cineuropa award: 5 000€ of visibility on Cineuropa website – www.cineuropa.org
5. The Critics' award : given by the Belgian Cinematographic Press Union (UPCB/UBFP) and the Film Critic Union.
6. An Audience award : all films completed in 2018/2019 and screened at the festival compete for the Audience award.