|when:||January 20st - 28st, 2024|
|address:||54 rue Beaubourg|
|deadline:||September 29th, 2023|
|entry form:||Online Submission|
By focusing on the discovery of new talents in European cinema and on revealing its cultural heritage, the Festival Premiers Plans d’Angers has become an emblematic highpoint in the cultural year. It is recognised by artists and professionalsalike, is followed by a curious and enthusiastic audience, and supported by a large number ofpartners and personalities.
To present European directors through a selection of a hundred first films presented in six competitive sections. To discover film history and heritage thanks to retrospectives on national cinemas, tributes to major and unrecognized authors and actorsalike, programmes on specific themes.
Highlighting the diversity of European cinema by bringing together professionals on questions relative to the production and circulation of European films.
To educate a new public on European cinema by encouraging young audiences participate inthe Festival. To support scriptwriters and directors in their writing work by inviting professional actors to read scripts of first short and feature films in public before shooting the film.
6 COMPETITIVE SECTIONS
- European First or Second Feature Films
- French First or Second Feature Films
- European First Short Films
- French First Short Films
- European Student Films
- European Animated Films (Student films and first animated short films)
3 SECTIONS OUT OF COMPETITION
- Free Style (First short or feature experimental films)
- Short films for kids (Various programsof European short filmsto discover from 3 to 12 years old)
- AirNumérique (Films including internet in their creation or diffusion process and/or VR)